We will never release information about our customers or business partners to any other person or organisation unless we have your permission or are permitted or required by law to do so.
The Data Protection Act 1998 sets out your rights as a consumer in respect of information held about you by businesses.
Who will hold your information?
Meteor Asset Management Limited (MAM) and Meteor Investment Management Limited (MIM) will hold information. The organisation which holds the information is known as the "Data Controller" because it has control over and responsibility for your personal information.
What information will be held?
The information about you which we will hold may include personal details such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. We will not hold more information about you than we need to for purposes for which it is processed. The information we hold about you will not be kept for longer than is necessary for purpose or as required by regulation.
How do we get this information?
We receive information directly from you when you register voluntarily as a user. In order to help us keep your information up to date we may periodically ask you to provide details of any changes in your information.
What will you do with the information?
We may use your information for a number of purposes, as outlined below:
- The provision of our services to you;
- To administer and maintain our records;
- To put together statistics for assessment and analysis;
- To deal with any questions you ask us;
- To supply you with any associated materials;
- To let you know about other products and services we offer.
We may make your personal and financial information available:
- To Associated Companies (as defined in Section 416 of the Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988) to process this application (we or they may contact You by mail, phone or Email with products or services that may interest You);
- To your financial adviser by Email or other means, including a secure internet service;
- As we are obliged to under the requirements of any law, regulation or court order that we must follow;
- To You if You ask and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998;
- To transfer the data to third party service providers and agents;
- To transfer the data outside of the European Economic Area e.g. to a low cost processor or for IT back-up purposes;
- To use the data for fraud prevention and anti-money laundering purposes.
Is the information you hold on me secure?
The security levels in place are appropriate to the nature of the data and the damage or detriment that might result from a breach of security. Please bear in mind that all publicly accessible websites are susceptible to malicious practices, and we do not accept liability if security is breached.
What are my rights?
You are entitled to: -
- Have access to your personal data. You may write to us at the address shown below and request details of the information we hold on you and why we hold it. We will provide this information within 30 days of your request. We may charge you a reasonable fee, as allowed for in the Data Protection Act 1998, for this information;
- Ask us, in writing not to start to use, or to stop using, the information for the purpose of direct marketing i.e. the communication to you by mail, phone or e-mail of any advertising or marketing material;
- Ask us to ensure that we do not base any material decisions on you solely on the basis of the automated processing of your information;
- Apply to ask for any inaccurate personal information held by a court to be rectified, blocked, destroyed, or erased.
To enable or disable cookies, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" facility). Alternatively, an external resource is available at www.aboutcookies.org providing specific information about cookies and how to manage them to suit your preferences. However, please be aware that disabling cookies may mean that some of our online services will not work, including adminstration login queries.
How do I contact the Data Controller at Meteor?
You can write to the Data Protection Officer at 55 King William Street, London, EC4R 9AD